Changing the Future of Cancer Care
Baptist Health South Florida is developing Miami Cancer Institute into a destination cancer center known for its innovation and precision in cancer care, exceptional patient experience, advanced clinical research and state-of-the-art technology. The Institute’s spectacular, new $430 million facility brings Baptist Health’s outpatient cancer services together under one roof to combine 305,000 square feet of clinical space with a 140,000-square-foot research building that will house an extensive clinical trial team on a dedicated floor, a genomic medicine laboratory, additional clinical space planned for bone marrow transplantation and a unique symptom management and palliative medicine service, among others. It will also house South Florida’s first proton therapy center, offering patients in our region – as well as Latin America and the Caribbean – access to a highly sophisticated treatment that destroys cancer cells with precise doses of radiation while avoiding healthy tissue.
To further accelerate its mission of hope, caring and innovation, Miami Cancer Institute has announced plans to join the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Alliance, a dynamic partnership that will ultimately enable cancer patients to access potential breakthrough therapies right here in South Florida. The Cancer Alliance is a unique partnership between Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City and oncology providers that seeks to bring the most current knowledge and advanced cancer care into the community setting, and applies Alliance standards in clinical care and surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy and other areas to Miami Cancer Institute.
Additional technological, clinical and support services at Miami Cancer Institute will include:
- Radiosurgery, intraoperative MRI and CT scanners, robotic surgery.
- Radiation therapies, including standard radiation, TrueBeamSTx radiotherapy, Tomotherapy, and CyberKnife stereotactic radio surgery
- 68 chemotherapy positions and 10 positions for rapid treatment and injections.
- Diagnostic imaging: MRI, PET, CT, nuclear medicine, digital x-ray, tomosynthesis mammography, core biopsy (ultrasound and MRI-guided).
- Psychiatry, integrative medicine, cancer rehabilitation and pain management, as well as a comprehensive team of interdisciplinary clinicians who will address the psychosocial and physical well-being of cancer patients.
- Personalized assistance from patient care navigators.
From prevention and detection to treatment and follow-up care, Miami Cancer Institute is positioned to redefine the standards of excellence in cancer care for our community – and the world – today, tomorrow and in the future.
Baptist Health South Florida’s network of hospitals, specialty centers and outpatient facilities are known for their unmatched patient care, award-winning workplace environments and the invigorating culture that comes with living in one of the most vibrant cities on earth. Researchers, Nurses, Pharmacists, Technicians and other healthcare professionals who join us now will have a real opportunity to put their mark on the future of cancer care. Come and be part of something extraordinary!
For more information, visit MiamiCancerInstitute.com